AusVotes writers love discussing their posts with readers who leave great comments.
Please keep in mind that all comments are subject to moderation, and will be deleted or edited at our discretion.
If you are a first time commenter on this blog, your comment will not appear automactically as it is held in moderation until it is approved.
Any comment judged unacceptable may be deleted at the discretion of moderators.
Unacceptable comments include but may not be limited to:
- Off-topic general political remarks [ie denunciations of political parties, ideologies or politicians].
- Vexatious and purely abusive comments.
- Excessively frequent comments, where the effect of such comments is to discourage the participation of others or turn a debate around into one about themselves.
- Excessively long comments, which break up the give and take of discourse. Please post such screeds on your own blog and post a summary in comments with a link to your own post. Rule of thumb: think hard before adding a fourth paragraph to your comment – rewrite it for brevity and clarity.
- Imputing ideas or motives to others or stereotyping them because of perceived group membership or ideological affiliation.
- Consistently repeated and aggressively stated opinions which fail to engage with others is regarded as a form of trolling.
- Comments which are designed to derail threads.
[We have drawn heavily on the comments policy used by another group blog, Larvatus Prodeo, for this guidance.]